I had a pretty good weekend working on the bus. I got to finish the body work and primed all I have left is the roof which will be done during the spring. I did inspect the tent it needs to be replaced, luckily the bus came with a brand new one but it's going to take two or three guys at least to change it out. I have changed Westfalia tent before, but never a Sports mobile and there's a lot more parts.
I hooked the battery up to the engine this morning, to check out the wiring system and basic startup. All lights and components in the cabin work did I walk around check of light system everything's good. It was nice to hit that key and hear the starter. I have a long way to go but this gives me a lot of hope. I did check the oil it looks like it was freshly replaced when parked is still looks really clear.
I removed the exhaust system yesterday morning separated all the pipe out took me all day due to rust in the spend the week preg raining it down remove the heat exchangers, I will not be running the heat system but having a gas heater inside. I hope to get these cleaned up and enameled this week ready for reinstall when I put the engine back together next month.